Homework for June, 5th (6.1)
June, 7th (6.3)
June, 6th (6.2)
1) Finish the book (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
2)Answer questions :
1) What happens to Mike Teavee? Why ?
2) Who won and what did he win ?
3) What had become of each of the five children?
4) What do you think was Mr. Wonka's real reason for sending out the
Golden Tickets ?
5) Do you think Mr. Wonka made a good decision in choosing Charlie to
own and run the factory ? Explain.
3) Reading Comprehension exam on June, 5th (6.1) / June, 9th (6.3) and
June, 8th (6.2)
Homework for May, 29th (6.1 and 6.3)
May, 30th (6.2)
1) Read Chapters 16 to 24 (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
2) Answer questions :
1) What happened to Augustus Gloop and why?
2) Name and describe 2 things Mr. Wonka showed his guests in the Inventing Room.
3) Describe the Gum that Wonka invented, what can it do ?
4) What happens to Violet Beauregarde ? Why ?
5) Why do the squirrels peck at Veruca's head ?
6) What happens to Veruca Salt ? Why ?
Homework for May, 16th (6.1 and 6.3)
May, 17th (6.2)
1) Read Chapters 9 to 16 (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory p. 34 to 72)
2) Answer the questions :
1) How did Charlie get the second chocolate bar ?
2) Where did Charlie win the golden ticket ?
3) Name 2 important instructions Charlie must follow to get into the
4) Describe Willy Wonka's appearance ?
5) Circle the word that is NOT like the others :
peculiar weird mystic strange
6) What is the first room the children enter ?
7) Who are the Oompa-Loompas ?
8) Which character wants an Oompa-Loompa?
9) Describe the Chocolate Room?
Homework for May, 5th (6.1 and 6.3)
May, 8th (6.2)
1) Read Chapters 1 to 8 (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory p. 1 to 34)
2) Answer questions :
1) How many people live in Charlie's house ? Name them.
2) Who works in this family and where ?
3) Why did Willy Wonka close the factory doors ?
4) Who were the first 2 winners of the golden tickets ?
5) What did Charlie get for a birthday present ?
6) Why do you think the family would not have a bite of Charlie's
candy when he offered them a bite ?
7) Who were the next 2 ticket winners ?
8) Tell me 2 things about each of them.
9) Who is your favorite character so far ? Why ?
Homework for April, 25th (6.1 and 6.3)
April, 26th (6.2)
1) Book Report (Interview or News Article)
Homework for April, 12th (6.1 and 6.3)
April, 13th (6.2)
1) I give you time to work on your new book report, if ever you didn't have time to finish in class.
2) Let's learn about There is and There are
3) Let's revise adjectives !!
Homework for April, 3rd (6.1 and 6.3)
April, 4th (6.2)
1) Study the plural rules (Quiz next day 1 - 6.1 and 6.3 / day 5-6.2)
2) Read a news from News-O-Matic and find 10 nouns (write the singular and the plural of each noun and send it in SeeSaw)
** OPTIONAL **You can prepare yourself for the Enriched English Exam (April, 4th) Use the following picture and.....
1- Write :
- 6 different verbs to express something you love (to love, to like, ....)
- 2 different verbs to express something you don't like ( to hate ,......)
- 10 adjectives
- 3 adverbs
2- Read the 2 texts (from the pages - under) Circle the verbs, highlight the adjectives and box the adverbs
Homework for March, 22nd (6.1 and 6.3)
March, 23rd (6.2)
1) Study Future and Present continuous (progressive) Tenses (You will have a little quiz on March, 22nd (6.1 and 6.3) or March, 23rd (6.2)
2) Read News-O-Matic and write about your favorite article. Write a short summary and the reason you like it. (5 to 8 sentences) Send it on SeeSaw
Homework for February, 13th (6.1 and 6.3)
February, 14th (6.2)
1) Study irregular verbs (ride to spill) You will have a little quiz next day 1 (6.1 and 6.3) and next day 2 (6.2). You can practise on Quizlet, here is the link.
2) Let's work on antonyms. Choose the opposite word and circle the right letter. Then, send me your work on Seesaw.
3) Which is the most popular! Let's vote !!!! Watch these 2 episodes from Pets 101 and vote for your favorite !!!
Homework for February 1st (6.1 and 6.3)
February 2nd (6.2)
1) Study irregular verbs (keep to read) You will have a little quiz next day 1 (6.1 and 6.3) and next day 2 (6.2). You can practise on Quizlet, here is the link.